Client Care Rules
OUR SERVICE TO YOU
- Act competently, in a timely way, and in accordance with instructions received and arrangements made;
- Protect and promote your interests and act for you free from compromising influences or loyalties;
- Discuss with you your objectives and how they should best be achieved;
- Provide you with information about the work to be done, who will do it and the way the services will be provided;
- Charge you a fee that is fair and reasonable and let you know how and when you will be billed;
- Give you clear information and advice;
- Protect your privacy and ensure appropriate confidentiality;
- Treat you fairly, respectfully and without discrimination;
- Keep you informed about the work being done and advise you when it is completed;
- Let you know how to make a complaint and deal with any complaint promptly and fairly.
The obligations we owe to you are described in the Rules of Conduct and Client Care for Lawyers (the Rules). Those obligations are subject to other overriding duties, including duties to the courts and to the justice system.
If you have any questions, please visit www.lawsociety.org.nz or call 0800 261 801.